EZVIZ, a global leading home security company, today announces the UK launch of the new DL01S Smart DIY Lock Kit, winner of the 2022 Red Dot Design. This advanced, yet stylish technology from EZVIZ is designed to transform an old front door lock and to give users keyless entry easily and quickly via a smartphone. The EZVIZ Smart Lock Kit simply gets attached to the existing deadbolt and not only simplifies the daily routine of leaving and entering a property but has additional smart features to make daily life that much easier. Moving away from just visual protection through indoor and outdoor security cameras, EZVIZ is now offering consumers a complete smart home solution. The DL01S Smart DIY Lock is available from EZVIZ for £129.99 and the Smart DIY Lock Kit, with keypad included, is available from EZVIZ for £169.99.
For family or friends who visit, there’s no need to pass keys around or try to hide them under the plant pot! With the EZVIZ App, permanent or time limited access can be created for trusted loved ones. This is also ideal if a homeowner rents out a property and can then grant time limited access for the duration of the rental period. There is now no need to meet the visitor to pass over the keys and collect later, saving time, money, and energy.
For children or the elderly who don’t always own a smartphone, EZVIZ offers more options. After being connected to the indoor smart lock, the add-on outdoor keypad (model DL01CP) allows unlocking with passcodes and proximity cards. It also serves as a doorbell that creates a ring every time people visit. Focusing on a premium and sleek design, EZVIZ keeps a consistently refined look between the keypad and the door lock, to make them a perfect duo both in appearance and in function.
If going out in a hurry, the Smart Lock will lock itself after closing the door, so no need to worry that it may be left open. Users can also delay this auto-lock using a timer. When it’s late or whenever privacy is needed, users can schedule a time period to disable mobile unlocking. The DL01S Smart DIY Lock is available from EZVIZ for £129.99 and the Smart DIY Lock Kit, with keypad included, is available from EZVIZ for £169.99.
- Multi-user access sharing: The account owner can share and add family members to the user list.
- Time-limited user access: For baby sitters or dog walkers who come at regular hours, the home owner can add them within time-limited intervals.
- Privacy mode: Users can set a do-not-disturb time period to disable mobile unlocking.
- Auto-lock feature to maximize protection: After the user closes the door, the DL01S will automatically lock the door to prevent it from being left open.
- Lock status check: The lock creates an activity log of open/close status, which the user can check via the EZVIZ App (remote checking & mobile notifications requires using with the EZVIZ A3 Home Gateway, sold separately)
Since 2013, EZVIZ is dedicated to putting “easy vision” in every home – that is, we strive to build simple yet powerful smart home devices and appliances to provide visual protection and tangible joy to every family. A global leader in smart home security, EZVIZ empowers the future of smart, connected living through relentless tech innovations, reliable high-quality products and trustworthy cloud services. With footprint in more than 130 countries, we've been trusted by millions of users and families.